Monday, March 30, 2009

53v3N

Closer.

I stand in the middle of the road.
Nothing left but a single rose to hold.
The petals fall to the asphalt
Nothing left but a single petal.
My life is closing in on me.
The road narrower it seems.
I try to take a step ahead
but fall instead
I'm closer to death than I am to anything at all.
I embrace this time
I was ready to fall.
I lay there awhile
not wanting to breathe
I suddenly realize
you are closer to me.
You tell me things I want to hear.
The honest truth never hurts me
when its your voice that echos in my head.
Closer and Closer.
I'm more alive than dead.
I pick myself up and I'm ready to go.
I take a step into the middle of the road
Abandoned and maybe alone.
I take another confident step and I feel so alive.
Brighter and Brighter as the day goes by.
I'm closer to you.

I'm closer to you.

My minds not racing a million miles an hour tonight. Only a few things compared to the mass of things generally on my mind. I feel focused and ready to go.
I believe It's time to stop hiding.
Take a walk alone.
I think I want to start running again. It makes me really happy, but I have no one to go fora run with.
Sprinting may be more of my thing but I think I want to build up on long distance running because it feels so nice to be all comfy and just run.
Not enough to get all sweaty and gross but enough to feel your
face turn a little red and the breath catch in your throat.
It makes me feel so alive.
I think I'll play more basketball at the park this year too. My favorite .

But tonight I feel no need to write so much.
I'm at ease and I feel really happy where I am.
I have a few good people in my life that I want to stay for awhile.

I haven't been this happy in awhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment